Saturday, November 8, 2014

Day 5--TeMpTaTiOnS!!

Yesterday was full of temptations! 

If any of you know me...you know that I am a coffee/Starbucks addict as well as comfort foods! Fridays were my "special" day... ya know... for making it through the week ;). I would get a triple latte (Pumpkin Spice, duh!!!) and the occasional cream cheese bagel (either cinnamon and sugar or pumpkin).  Well, yesterday I had to say no to that.  When saying no I just think of the end result.  I don't have to say no to them forever, but right now in my life I am not going to get to where I want to be if I don't sacrifice things.

Surprisingly during school there were few temptations! Luckily, no treats, no birthdays.  It's easier that way :)

Last night was my first huge challenge.  Our friends invited us over for dinner.  I knew that there was going to be a delicious dinner, fabulous desserts and of course drinks! The way that I was going to battle this challenge was to plan ahead.  I had already planned to have spaghetti squash with red sauce and turkey meatballs so when I told that to my friend she said that she would just make spaghetti for everyone else.  This was awesome.  It may seem small, but to me it was just one way I didn't have to feel like I was "missing out".  The thing I was really worried about was dessert. I'm not going to lie, I was sort of in a panic before I went.  I quickly text Emilie and she responded with 3 wonderful ideas to combat those sweet cravings. Have I said how wonderful she is? Because she is GREAT!  

I packed my spaghetti squash dinner, armed with my fruit for sweet cravings and we went over to our friends.  I CAN NOT tell you how much support I had from them! Telling people my story was the greatest idea I've had yet.  NO ONE was asking me if I wanted a drink, no one was tempting me with breadsticks (Olive Garden breadsticks to boot!).  They all were asking me about my change, about my healthy choices and encouraging me! It was so nice.  I love them so much.  It really does make the difference.  The support is the difference this time.

P.S. I didn't even need to have my fruit after dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment