Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Feeling Happy-- Day 9

I can not say it enough....The support that I am receiving from everyone is making ALL of the difference in my journey this time around.  I have the best family and friends.  Even friends that I haven't talked to since high school are leaving me messages of support.  YOU.  ARE.  AWESOME!!!

Okay, friends... I'm really shedding some light into my life today. It's very personal please be gentle :) Last year was a very rough year for me. First at the end of 2012 my dad (who was a State Trooper) was in a high speed chase and ended up being shot in the process.  (He's okay!) Next, I got engaged and started to plan a wedding (in 9 months). Next, I was starting a NEW job and a NEW grade in a NEW school. Next, my sister-in-law whom I love and care about so much was being deployed. AND lastly, I had a VERY, and I mean VERY rough class.  I had about 7 behaviors and 2 of them severe all while have 25 kindergarteners in a class.  My life was very chaotic and I was starting to have some health problems.  I kept having palpitations in my heart (my heart was beating really hard when I wasn't doing anything, I knew something was not right). I decided after about a month and a half that I should probably go to the doctor.  After many, many tests ruling out anything major, my doctor finally diagnosed me with depression and anxiety.  The palpitations were anxiety attacks that I was having.  I got on some meds and soon they stopped and I felt that my life was a little more under control.  Fast forward to this fall and right before I started this journey I was completely weaned off my meds and feeling good.  

The reason that I am sharing this story is because I wanted to share how I am feeling today and that wouldn't have meant as much if you didn't know the background.  I am feeling so happy and positive.  It feels good.  I think partially it is because of my life has slowed down, I have a wonderful class and everything is mostly normal.  The other part is the fact that I am on this journey and I feel like it's actually going to work this time.  It feels SO GOOD to have so many positive thoughts and feelings.  I. Am. Happy!

Okay..now back to my Advocare journey!

Alrighty... First celebration.. I made it through a WEEKEND!!!! Weekends were always the hardest for me.  I would always just "cheat" through the weekends.  When I was at the doctor one of those times she was talking/asking me about the sources of my depression and I've always known that my weight was one of them.  She said something this past time that really struck a nerve with me.  "Losing weight is not easy.  Even if you are 100% healthy during the week, eat right, work out...then on the weekend you decide to just get one Whitey's shake..You've just thrown away all of the calories that you worked so hard to lose." (Little did she know I had JUST had a Whitey's Pumpkin Shake the weekend before :-S)

Something that I think has helped me get through these first 9 days is that I have been planning.  I am a very organized person when it comes to my work and that is something that has crossed over a little into my home life.  (Just a little!)  I have always made a schedule for dinners for the week, but now I am scheduling literally everything for the week from major meals to snacks.  I've attached a pic to show. 
It does take a lot of time on a Saturday or Sunday, but it saves me A LOT of time during the week when I am busy and tired.

I also got to start working out again this week.  I am finally feeling better from the sinus/ear infection.  Taking a week off really showed yesterday.  I AM SOOOORE! But isn't sore such a good feeling?

Tomorrow is DAY 10! It's the last day of the Cleanse Phase of the 24 day challenge.  I will be weighing in and measuring to see how far I've come in just 10 days.  We'll see :) Even if there is not a huge change yet..I can already feel the benefits of how happy and positive I am.  Losing this quickly would only be a bonus :)

PS...Day 10 means only ONE MORE FIBER DRINK!! HALLELUJAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment